Sunday, January 25, 2009

Gran Torino


I couldn’t think that I will see a good movie from Clint Eastwood one more time but apparently you never know and people surprise you all the time. I knew from a year ago that Clint had this movie to come up and I thought it would be cliché specially after "Million Dollar Baby" and now I can say I was wrong. The movie “Gran Torino” has dramatic theme with old story of multi-race neighborhood and an American hero from old war. The main character shows a racist behavior at first like a person who has negative personality and blames everybody because of every single attitude of them. And during movie he changed slowly to an international warrior who wants peace in his surrounded district. In this type of movie you can always see the hand of white man of the hour behind the devastated-immigrant societies. But if we could ignore those subtle nationalist advertising then totally the movie has positive direction. One most important message is this movie was “doing right thing in the right time and not reacting emotionally in your serious moments of life”. At the end I recommend watching this movie because in the present situation, we need to remind this old substance that "being human doesn’t have any border".

No comments: