Monday, January 12, 2009

Istanbul


Istanbul is big city with many attractions and beautiful views. Shiny stores with a lot of handicrafts are first thing it comes to your eyes. One thing I never get to answer for it in the people’s real life was why they always are collecting the bunch of things in their houses that they never are going to actually use them and they don't have any benefit except for showing off. I can’t say that I’m not attractive to those beautiful decorations, but what is the point to make my apartment full with them and spend a lot of time to keep them clean weekly. Anyway, if you are really into the historical handicrafts and also eat base foods, Istanbul is good place to spend your money and even cheap enough to have nice vacation in the fancy hotel. If happen to go there don’t forget Buyudaka Island with many nice restaurants and perfect sea view of Marmara Denizi.
One thing is impress me most was a lot of traditional teahouses with nice hookah and beautiful tulip-shaped tea glass. Those tea glasses reminded from old fashion life style that we could feel in the grandfather house including smooth smell of organic tea flavor and the acrid test of dark tea.
Now I find my answer that why people are collecting those things. I don’t know if you have same feel or not about seeing something and finding strong connection with it. When I was walking in Grand Bazar and watching those color full lamps and dishes. It was like that I’m walking through the memories from the far past. I could get in touch with every single form and color easily and I was enjoying whole combination between old Bazar structure and traditional handicraft everywhere. Hope I redo it again someday in the summer time to have better touch with the outside attraction as well specially those small islands (Kinaliada, Burgaz Adasi, etc).

No comments: