Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Saturday Morning

When I waked up, she was already gone but I could feel her place still warm. I ran out to balcony probably that I could see her down stair before she get inside her car. I saw her in the street going to other side. I said loudly “can I see you later?” She looked back and smiled on me and shacked her head with No Sign. I told her: “wait a minute I’m coming down”. She sent a kiss and got in the car. I was running downstairs and as soon as I got in the street she was gone. I shacked hand for her to stay and directly I heard short klaxon from her car as goodbye. I went back to apartment with naked foot in the strip-fabric-pajama and found myself behind the locked-door. I went back downstairs to knock the neighbor’s door for help. After few minutes an old man with unwashed face and graveling hair came behind the door and asked: “what do you want?” I told him: “I just moved in the building and left my key in the apartment and I need the phone to call key-rescue”. He said: “I don’t know you and it’s better that you never knock my door in Saturday morning ever again”. I went to the street to search for a public phone and few blocks further I found one and waited for a crossing by person to ask for a coin. One middle age lady –look like a person who never smiled in her life- was coming and when I asked for a coin. She said: “go get job lazy-ass, probably acting would be good for you! seems you are good at it”. I knew that it is always mistake to ask elder people for helping. I waited there until few school kids were coming to my direction and when I told them that I need a coin. They started questioning me and I ended up explaining that I don’t know why she left without saying anything and finally they gave me a coin. When I putted the coin inside the phone I realized that I don’t have the phone number of any close key-rescue, specially the one it opens in Saturday morning. I dialed the phone-information and a guy gave me few numbers. After that I told the phone guy: “I used my last coin, could you please connect me to one of those key-people.” He refused and hanged out on me. I was in the middle street with few numbers in my head that I was going to forget them anytime soon and there was nobody there as long as eye could see. Few minutes later a biking girl was coming through and I showed her with body-language that I need a coin for calling and she stopped and when she offered me a coin I told her if it possible to get two more because I forgot those numbers and I needed call back the phone information and then call one of those key-rescue. She frowned, look like a disappointment person who feels used by her trust. And she gave me only two coins and derived fast to the same direction. I called back and got the phone numbers again and before forgetting them I contacted one of those companies. A lady behind the phone told me that they were not coming that far and even they wanted to do there was nobody available in this early morning. I became so upset and I started screaming at her, she was already hanging out. I was in the same condition again, damn, without any coin and already forgot the rest of phone numbers. I sat next to phone box and putted my head between my legs to figure out where should I go and who is living close to my place that I know and I can walk there in the pajama with no shoes on. I was in myself that a girl asked me if she can used the phone. I moved my head and said: “go head”. After she finished her call, she told me: “thank you and who are you in this early morning, look like a person who escapes from prison”. I smiled and said: “sorry I’m living few blocks away and I got locked behind the door and just made my day”. Then we talked few minutes and she offered me some coins and a pensile. When she wanted to leave, I asked her: “didn’t you forget something?”. She said: “if you mean my shoes, I really need them”. I laughed and said: “No! Your phone number for sending the thank you sms”. She said: “Sorry! I don’t date the prisoners but you can call me if you need more coins in the future”.
Written by Mohammad Hosseini

No comments: