Saturday, April 19, 2008

Don Miguel Ruiz


According to the fact that I sent my stuff including my books by the land post from Japan to Sweden. I don’t have any of books or movies here. These days I have a plenty of time that I wish I had them. In the other hand, I didn’t get paid yet so no extra money for buying new books either. Anyway, I finished the book that I mention before (the Voice of Knowledge) for the second time. Man! That book is amazing, even the second time had the same attraction as the first time. In the case you want to know about it more, I selected some of my favorite sentences that I wrote it as follow:

• Knowledge goes into our mind and reproduced a structure inside our head, which is everything that we know. With all that knowledge in our head, we only perceive what we believe; we only perceive our own knowledge. And what is it that we know? Mostly lies.
• We humans have no idea what we really are, but we know what we are not. We create an image of perfection, a story about what we should be, and we invest our faith in that lie. Then we build a whole structure of lies to support it.
• What you call thinking is the voice of knowledge making up stories, telling you what you know, and trying to make sense out of everything you don’t know. The problem is that the voice makes you do many things that go against yourself.
• Every time you lie to yourself, or judge yourself, or reject yourself, you have an emotional reaction, and it isn’t pleasant. If you don’t like the emotional reaction, it’s not about repressing what you feel; it’s about cleaning up the lies that cause it. All of your emotions change when you no longer believe in lies because the emotions are the effect, not the cause.

That’s it! I think it is better to read the book if you want to know more, which I really recommend it. Especially for those who live in the international life and try to do their best to get involve with the distributed group of people, culture, rules and societies.

No comments: