Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Bus Station

I was waiting in a bus station to go to the work and the bus was already 5 minutes late. I seated on the bench and putted my iPod on and watched people who were walking in windy morning to go to work. In far way cross street, I saw a person with long gray coat and army green cab. The style and the way of his walking were so familiar and he was walking to my direction and staring on the ground. After a minute he passed me without looking up. I couldn’t see his face through the hat except his chin but everything with him was reminding me to somebody that I knew. Finally a crowded bus came and I jumped to it. I passed people to get close to the other door because I didn’t want to get stuck between people when I’m arriving to my station. In next station that man got in the bus too. His cab still covered his face completely. He looked up fast to check inside the bus and I was wondering why he is familiar to me. He started searching his pockets for while, and I was wondering that what is wrong with that guy and how I know him. He looked at me and them he hidden himself behind people. I didn’t know why he did that probably I was staring at him too much. Two stations later and even before the bus was stopping completely, he jumped out fast and ran. Driver with loud sound said to him “you shouldn’t leave the bus from this door” but he was already gone. He ran 30 meters and then stopped and looked back and after that he was staring to the bus and when bus started to move he ran back and said “stop, stop, please stop the bus”. Three stops later I found a free seat and as soon as I got in seat I felt sleep.

After while I opened my eyes and I was seating in the bus station and it seemed that nothing happened. I looked time, oh God; bus was almost 15 minutes late. Probably I felt sleep and I loosed the bus and I should wait for next one. But waiting was difficult, I started walking to next stop I had enough time for next bus. It was so windy and I closed my gray coat bottoms and pushed down my army hat to my face to protect it against the cold wind. I was walking in street and when I was arriving to next station I saw a guy in station he was staring at me. I didn’t know that guy and it was strange. I preferred to continue walking and catch the bus in next station. Directly when I arrived to next station I saw the bus is coming and then I went to the bus and pulled up my cab to see people in bus it was so crowded and between those people I saw same guy in previous station I didn’t like his way of looking and I covered my face again with hat.

I checked my pocket to see if I brought my USB memory, I had presentation today and I saved everything on that USB, but USB wasn’t in my pocket I got a little bit nerves and started looking in my other pocket and then found out probably it was dropped out from my pocked when I felt sleep in the previous station. I was waiting to get out from bus and run to find it before somebody else takes it. I looked to end of bus again that guy was still staring me and I hatted it. I hidden myself behind the people and in next stop I ran out to go and find my USB and the driver said loudly “you shouldn’t leave the bus from this door”. After 30 meters running I suddenly remembered that when I was reaching to my bus card in the bus I had my USB in my hand and probably I dropped it in the bus and I looked back the bus was ready to go and I screamed “stop, stop, please stop the bus”

written by Mohammad Hosseini

No comments: