Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Rainy Girl

I look out side every morning to see her again. She always wears same style, pink scarf, gray coat and skirt, white shirt and shoes. I don’t know she has many same clothes or she just has one set of clothe. I like her when she is biting her breakfast in the corner of bus station and looking periodically to see if is bus coming or not. Today is cloudy and windy and I’m petty much sure that rain will be coming any moment soon. I put some milk on the top of my breakfast-serial and start eating it behind the window. Now I can see her from far away. She is coming to bus station on time every day and she has her breakfast in her hand. Suddenly weather becomes rainy and every body in street runs for a roof to keep it dry, except her. She doesn’t even change her step faster. She opens her arms and looks to the sky, seems she is hugging the rain. I think it is first time I see her smiling. She stays a little bit and rotates on her foot then stops. Her look becomes serious again and she starts walking to the station again. Under the roof of bus station she is eating her breakfast. I look at her, I never see somebody who eats freely in that crowed station without even look at other people reaction. We finish our meal in same time. I wear my pants and come back to the window to see her. She walks back under the rain again and every body starts staring at her. She looks up to see the sky and in the corner of her eyes she sees me behind the windows in third floor. Our eyes get direct contact for a moment and then she looks other way and closes her eyes face to face with the rain. Bus comes and people are rushing to it but she still standing under the rain and when last person get in the bus then she walks inside the bus. She stands behind the door and when the door is closed and bus moves to go she looks at me and covers her face with pink scarf except her eyes and then she shakes her hand as a goodbye sign and winks.

written by Mohammad Hosseini

No comments: