Thursday, October 2, 2008

Old Stories and New Conclusions

By reading most stories and watching movies, you can see how writers or directors of those products are going to say their main purpose. In last two weekends, I watched two completely different movies “Stealing Beauty” and “Spiderwick Chronicle”. When, I saw character of Lucy in The Stealing Beauty with European life style and modern art community. I felt that something is really familiar with the story specially those men reaction when they get close to Lucy or realistic life style of every character in movie and the way they approach to problems and their needs. I like good decoration and nice clothing in this movie as well. Most places in the movie are either romantic or dramatic. Imagine a country house with a lot of surreal statues, which are made by natural red soil color of ceramic. And also you can see really classic season party in beautiful castle with old painting on the wall and a rhythmical and elegant live theater for entertaining the guesses. In other hand is Spiderwick Chronicle, which is a kind of adventure, fantasy movie with old story and many special effects. First I tough this move is designed for kids or young people but apparently I was wrong or even I wasn’t, I think there is other point of view for watching it. The whole movie was look like a moment of one person life. A person, who seats in his privet time, looks deep down inside to know and learn better about his need and his personality. But every time he learned something new his life become more confusing and untouchable. I don’t know it happens to you or not. There are some moments in our life that we get in touch with some parts of existence and it feels good, but it is scary as same time. And when we grown up and our responsibilities are increasing, then we want to have stable life so we try to not dig our past or present situation for finding answers. I mean we come up with a solution that we should leave everything as they are. There is no need to know more and search more for things that make our life more complicated as it is. I don’t know who exactly wrote main story of this movie but I’m sure when he was writing it. He was in the position that he couldn’t come back to his safe time. He opened some doors and saw something in his life that he wasn’t prepare for it to know. And now the only solution is to fight for surviving and not go any further in unknown lands. All things I mention here is nothing to do with science life or discovery of nature. I’m talking about untouchable part of life. A part that is hidden in many layers of human being which separate you are from real life and put you in mystery position and time without any connection to reality. If you never been there that means you are lucky enough to have your distance but as soon as you get in touch with this hysteric space and time. Then it always will follow you and either you can run or fight. And in both cases the things are not beautiful as suppose to be as well as your life. I think if you watch the movie then you can get my point better. I’m telling you this movie is nothing special and probably most of you know the story behind it. But only thing makes it special is that you replace every characters of movie with one of your personality character and try to see it with inner vision.

No comments: