Friday, November 14, 2008

Kramer vs. Kramer

I’m remembering that ten years ago the new categories of books became really popular such as “The 100 Simple Secrets of Happy People”, “What Happy People Know”, “The How of Happiness”, “Authentic Happiness”, “The Happiness Hypothesis”, “Stumbling on Happiness” and many other books in same subject with almost same keynotes, which if I try to list them, it will take quite long time to list them. At that time, I saw many people went to bookshop and asked for those subjects to read and in the shop-window of most bookstores you could see at least few of them, face to the overlooking street with happy color and cute picture on the cover. I never interested to read those books, because I believe when something become that popular, it is not interesting anymore and you can hear those words anywhere around in most conversations. Six months ago when I was packing to move to Sweden, a friend of mine gave me a book named “The Art of Happiness” and last week I saw that book again when I was organizing my luggage, it was still there. I decided to either read it, or give it to somebody else, or through it away. So I started reading it. Part 1, “The Purpose of Life”, it was ok. Part 2, “The Sources of Happiness”, it was boring. Part 3, “Training the Mind for Happiness” I couldn’t take it anymore but I tried to be patient. Part 4, “reclaiming our innate state of happiness”, are you kidding me, this book is suck. And, I stop continue to read it. After all it didn’t make me happy, just made me a little feel bad for making that bad choice. That was second time in last two months, same thing was happened to me, but hope it was last one in this year.Yesterday a new friend gave a movie “Kramer vs. Kramer” and he told me since he was kid most his surrounded people talked about this movie and described for him that how good this movie is. After many years, he finally got it and before even he watched, he gave it to me (he is busy this days because of a dead line for his PhD Thesis). In one sentence I can say, it was a quite good film. I always like the stories about real relationship between people; it could be story about friendship, partnership, family, neighbors, being parents, being child, teacher, student, etc. I don’t like to tell the details of movie’s story but as my friend said don't loose your chance for watching it and I’m sure you will have fun time. I believe nothing is beautiful as true relation in the moments of natural and healthy life.

No comments: